Here are some basic good housekeeping principles for an office or manufacturing environment.
- Clean, organize & achieve as you go.
- Stack materials neatly - place heavy of bulky items on the bottom and do not stack items too high.
- Keep cabinet doors and drawers closed.
- Return chemicals, equipment and tools to their proper place after use.
- Keep floors free of clutter.
- Keep stairs, aisles & walkways clear.
- Follow proper cleaning & maintenance procedures.
- Utilize regular inspection check lists.
- Dispose of materials, trash and/or recyclables properly in appropriate containrs.
- Place service calls to get housekeeping issues repaired, replaced or removed.
- If you notice a housekeeping issue - take action to get it addressed.
Do you see any similarities from the housekeeping principles employed in a manufacturing environment and those we should be employing in our homes?