Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

28 Days To Living Organized - Day 17 - Check & Adjust


28 Days to Living Organized

Check & Adjust
 
 
It's time to come back to your original organization project from earlier this month and figure out how it is going.  It's time to make any necessary adjustments.
 
So... you've been living with the new solution/space/routine for 10 days now.  How does it feel?  Is it working?  Are there glitches that you didn't forsee.  To do a quick assessment, ask yourself (and your family members) these questions:
 
1. Is {INSERT PROBLEM} still a problem in our home?  If you answer No to this then hats off to you!  If you answer yes then let's keep going.
2. Have any positive changes been made?  If yes, what are they?
3. What areas are still a problem?
4. Did my original plan not work (or only partly work) because it was not a good plan or because I didn't execute it?
4a. If it wasn't a good plan, it's time to think of a different solution
4b. If it wasn't executed you need to ask yourself why and address that.  It could be that you didn't carry it out because it was too hard or time consuming - if so, you probably need a new plan.  Or it could be that you just got busy doing other things.  If this is the case, you might just need to make it a priority.
 
I'll give you my assessment.  My problem was with clutter on the island in our kitchen.  Our solution was to create folders for the mail that tends to accumulate and put those folders into a nearby drawer.
 
The current result is that there is a folder for medical receipts (something I need to track separately from the regular bills) but the folders for the other bills has just not been created.  Why?  Because I just didn't do it.  It wasn't too hard or costly.  I just.didn't.do.it.  It was that simple.  So I don't really need a new plan, I just need to implement the one I've got.  And now that the health status in our home is back on the upswing I'll be working on that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...