Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Life Happens

I must apologize for my absence over the last week.  I know many of you have been looking forward to your daily information on living more organized.

Where have I been?  I’ve been having the type of week that challenges even the most organized among us.  I’ve had two sick kids and caught their nasty germs myself.  Croup, vomiting, ear infections, sore throats, whining, crying, watching too much TV… and the kids were in pretty rough shape too J.

The truth is, a week like this will put the brakes on everything except survival mode.  I still managed to shower every day.  And the laundry got clean (at least the important pieces) and the dishes were washed.  But not much else happened.  If you were to walk into my home today you’d be appalled that I profess to live a delightfully organized life.  My home is certainly not delightful and nowhere near organized.  There are toys all over the family room floor, the sheets haven’t been changed in far too long to mention, our laundry – while clean – is still sitting in the baskets waiting to be put away, and the kitchen floor has far too many cheerios and smashed grapes on it.  And, oh yes, my inbox is out of control with unread and un-responded-to messages.

But I make no excuses.  I was caring for my babies and myself and that was more important than any cleaning. 

Sometimes LIFE gets in the way of our best laid plans.  And that’s okay.  This is actually a great example of what I mean by living organized rather than simply getting organized.  When we “get” organized we then can easily get discouraged when things run amok for a little while.  But when we “live” organized, we know that there will be bumps on the road and that is just fine.  No one will judge us for not having a magazine-worthy home on the heels of illness. We’ll just brush ourselves off and get back to it tomorrow.

And speaking of tomorrow…. Look for some catch up posts in the series to debut tomorrow.  I think we are all on our way back to healthy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...