Gather up all those things you've decided you don't want or need anymore and get them out of your home for good!
As you box and bag things up, make a list of what you are donating. Keep this with the receipt you get from the place you donate and add it to your 2011 Taxes file for next year. To help with this I'm offering my first downloadable file! This Charitable Donation Worksheet is what I use to mark things down before I drop them off to charity.
Here's how it works:
1. Click on the photo of the document you want (with kids or child-free)
2. Download or print the document
3. Fill it out!
4. Donate your stuff. Do this now. Today. Tomorrow at the latest. Don't let the stuff stick around your house. It will continue to be clutter in your home until it's GONE!
5. Staple your charitable donation receipt to the form.
6. File in your 2011 Taxes file (if you haven't made one, now is the time)
7. Add the items from your list to your It's Deductible account. If you use Turbo Tax, you can import the data into your taxes for next year.
|For families with kids|
|For families without kids|
What should you do after today? Print out a few copies of the document and put them on a clipboard. Put the clipboard wherever your normally keep your stuff to be donated. Whenever you add something to the box or bag, note it on the worksheet. Then you won't need to do any work next time you have a full box to donate. Just drop it off and file your paperwork.